Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tea Party!

 

So here are the pictures I promised!! It was a fun afternoon and I was so happy with the way our table turned out. We had to nix a few ideas, but generally I think it was just as we had imagined.

We used burlap sacks that we cut as table runners, some of my craft jars (a few wrapped in twine) and some random flowers and other elements my sis in law had found. For the place mats we used 12x12 sheets of cork, available in the scrapbook paper section at Michael's, and made wooden coasters. We obviously used pears for place cards with a leaf tag and I made cupcake pops (bakerella) shaped like pears and stuck them in wheat grass.

 IMG_0220 copy

IMG_0245 copy IMG_0209 copy

 IMG_0207 copy

 IMG_0208 copy IMG_0246 copy

 IMG_0212 copy 

 IMG_0241 copy

and this is me and my mom :).

and most importantly, those that were able to share it with me were those that I could rely on the most (with the exception of Tasha & Ash who weren’t able to come because of more important obligations <3).

I can honestly say that my sister in law Jenn (ironic, eh?) is one of my very best friends. She is always there for me..but unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of us with my camera! dagnabbit.

 

on a slightly different note, this week has been stressful in many ways, with school and some other drama. It’s been hard, I’ve got to admit, but thank heavens I have a great husband and a God who hears us when we call.

He’s so great to us, we’re so blessed.

However next week we have a break from school before fall quarter and we move! I’m so excited (never thought I'd hear myself say that!), and I’m even more excited for autumn. My next post will probably consist of decoration inspiration (you know you’re excited too!), so keep checking in!

 

Keep us in your prayers. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!
You guys did a great job. It looks perfect.
I hope things get less stressful for you soon and that you get settled in your new home.
Can't wait to read your next post on decorating!

lydia. said...

what pretty decorations!
i love those photos.
i hope things get better for you soon, girl.
:)

chelsey. said...

your table is so beautiful--what an amazing job. i like that it's earthy but still pretty.

hope things get a little quieter for you guys. keeping you in mind when i say my quick prayers :).

Jess Tank said...

Thanks for the commment, Jennifer!

So, I am pretty sure that this is one of the prettiest table setting that I have ever seen! Love the burlap and corkboard!

Have a super day!

-Jess

Becky Farley said...

Geez! You two did an awesome job! I love it! It looks very professional! :)

Hope this is a better week for you!

Irish Chick Soup said...

You're a decor genius, I swear. Everything you make comes out completely gorgeous. Hopefully the break will serve you well. I'm using mine to try and find a job and work on unpacking some stuff.

heather dawn said...

i would give anything to throw a tea party. and yours was so beautiful! makes me want some tea.. but it's way too late! lol.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm having a give a way on my blog and you should check it out!! :)

Jenn said...

thank you guys so much for your comments on the table! IT was a lot of work, lol.

I have such sweet blog friends. :)